Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Red Brick, Dog Days Ale

Wow.  I love this stuff.  I bought a quart growler from 5 Points Growlers on recommendation from one of the staff.

This beer has everything that makes summer brews great.  It's a crisp, refreshing, easy drink that doesn't overwhelm you with complex over the top flavors.  I'd love to have a tall glass of this on standby for a post-lawn-mow celebration out on the front porch in my rocker.  If I host any BBQ's this summer, I'll be serving the Dog Days.  In fact, I can just see a golden pint accompanying a plateful of grilled shrimp skewers and corn on the cob.

I feel inspired, man.  BBQ at my place before the month's out.  Now I have an excuse to get a gallon growler.

Oh yeh... the taste.  Simple, but with strong character.  Citrus, spice, wheat, hops, carbonation: perfectly balanced. Seriously, it's zen-like.

No comments: