Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Founders, Breakfast Stout

Coffee, chocolate, malt, slight alcohol warmth, crisp and mild bitterness at the end.  Black as night... seriously, i held it up to my ceiling fan light and you can't see anything through it.  Thick mouthfeel.  I guess that's what some people call "full-bodied".  No real head worth mentioning.  What was there when I poured it quickly vanished.  Perfect carbonation: just enough to be enjoyable.

I enjoyed it (really) all the way to the end, but I don't think I'd want more than one at a time.  My only other experience with a stout has been Guinness Extra Stout.  This Founders Breakfast Stout was by far more enjoyable.  I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this one.

More thoughts:  Gave me the mega munchies.  According to beeradvocate.com this is a seasonal brew.  I may need to buy some to keep around.

No comments: